Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Free W/32 Confick Virus Removal Tool

This morning I read an article that said the Department of Homeland Security had a free Confick detection tool. All I could find on their site was links to Norton and other antivirus software providers who wanted me to sign up for "Free Trials". I have AVG's FREE antivirus, am very happy with it and have no desire to change. All I wanted to do was check and see if I had contracted the Virus.

DHS also had a link to Microsofts download site which wanted me to download their newest in and endless series of service packs which would take forever and usually end up in some problem at the end. I long ago decided to let my service tech do these downloads when I took my computer in for a tweak so he could fix any problems that might arise from the downloads.

So, that was a waste. But I finally found that Symantic had a FREE FIX and was not going try to lure me into a subscription. Thank you Symantic. If I ever find I want to change my virus protection yours will be the first place I go!

Free fix for downadup, confick virus is here.

No comments: